Monday 6 April 2009

Infected rushing?! and more...

Something interesting happened to me the other day. Someone left on the infected team I was on and subsequently was replaced by this guy:



As soon as he came in mid-way through Blood Harvest 4, that it what he said. If I was new to the game I may have listened to this guy, which would have been a grave mistake. I being an experienced player, I know what he obviously intends to do with this set up to incap the survivors in one shot. The reason I bring this up is because, people like this change the game style, the boomer is there for a reason and thus is people choose to use it then let them. You can't call orders and change people on the spot because let's face it, this is the internet lol.. (same reason I can't really prevent people from closet camping...)

Maybe it's just me but there is nothing wrong in just using a boomer full coat + spcial infected damage to bring down the survivors. And also that im a believer that a tactic like his worked once, and he probably thinks it works all the time even though he has attempted it about 20 times. You see, a situation goes like this in all multiplayer games: You do something once and get the congratulations of 100 people, it doesn't matter how you got there. You have it now and therefore, all the time. Seriously, it worked maybe a couple of times, get over it.

A very good example in all this are "skill" (i dont really know what to call them) videos on the internet, they get alot of comments, generally very good due to editting and sfx etc. But what the audience don't really understand or realise is, like filming, there were probably 100s of attempts or outtakes. And it doesn't matter it took them 6 months to make this video, they get alot of applause anyway so it was probably well worth making in the end. Don't know about the rest of you, but I would prefer a live-feed gameplay of "good" players. To see how they react in situations, plus they add in some of their own in-game commentry...

When/if I get a decent connection, I could do this myself and see reactions I guess.

Next patch incomming!

No comments:

Post a Comment